What clothing brands and categories are accepted?
We love high street, fashion and designer brands. Although we never turn donations away we struggle to sell supermarket labels and fast fashion labels like Primark and so won’t list them.
Please review the list below to see which categories Re-Fashion is currently accepting. All items must meet our quality standards to be resold on Re-Fashion.
Dresses, trousers, tops, bodysuits, sweaters, skirts, shorts, jeans, coats, jackets and activewear.
scarves, belts, hats and bags
shoes, boots and sandals
All sizes are accepted
Please review the list below of the categories Re-Fashion does not accept. If you ever have any questions about what we do or do not accept, please ask!
- Non-clothing items: toys, books, sports gear, etc
- Kids clothing without a brand (women’s ok to send without brand)
- Sleepwear, Underwear, Swimwear, nightwear
- Men’s and children’s clothing
- Illegal or counterfeit items
- Homemade or altered items
- Items without sizes
The Re-Fashion team reviews all items before placing them on sale. We want to ensure that everyone who makes a purchase get the best quality items. Items that don’t make the cut are still of value and will be passed on to textile recyclers who ship the product to be used in other countries around the world.
PLEASE SEND US
- Like-new secondhand clothing that has been freshly laundered.
- New-with-tags (NWT) items.
- Top women’s brands we love: Karen Millen, Diesel, Coast, Mango, Zara, Kate Spade etc
- Designer brands
PLEASE DO NOT SEND
- Items showing signs of wear: rips, tears, pilling, fading, shrinkage, or blemishes of any kind. When sending shoes, please check the top surface, interior, and soles to ensure they are clean and free of scuff marks.
- Items with missing or broken parts, stains and odors, or items that are shrunk, stretched, or altered.
- Items missing sizing information.
- Fake items
Do you accept items for all seasons?
Re-Fashion accepts women's clothing from all seasons.
What happens to unsold donated clothes?
We are still able to make use of clothes that we are unable to sell, by selling them onto recyclers who find them a new home abroad rather than ending up in landfill.
The clothing industry has one of the highest impacts on the planet. High water use, chemical pollution, transport pollution and landfill all add to the impact on our environment. It is estimated that 350,000 tons of clothing, over 1 billion items of clothing goes into landfill in the UK every year.
Which charity does my donated items support?
Currently Re-Fashion has joined forces with Breast Cancer Care and Make-A-Wish® UK. The plan is to get more charities on board so you can choose the cause your donated clothes support.
At the end of each month we will make a payment to Breast Cancer Care and
Make-A-Wish® UK for the items that have sold.
How much does the charity get from my donation?
The higher the value of the item sold, the more the charity gets.
Payment is as follows:
1. £00.00 - £40 - 20%
2. £40.01 - £100 - 40%
3. +£100 - 60%
Can I choose a charity to donate to?
Not yet, although we want to bring as many charities on board as possible. It will allow you to pick your favourite charity big or small and it will allow the 167,000 charities that don’t have the resources or cash to be able to raise much needed income from the sale of the clothes you donate.
How do I donate my clothes?
Email your details here
We will send you a bag to fill along with a free post sticker to attach to the bag
- Fill the bag
- Stick on the free postage label
- Drop it off at your local DPD collection point.
Can I donate more than one bag?
We’d be delighted to send you multiple bags.
If you require more than one bag or if you are in a company/ group that wishes to fill multiple bags to raise funds for the charity, please contact us at email@example.com.